Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Secret Weapon

Okay Darlings. You already know how much I love to share my hot little tips. But this time, I'm really gonna give it up. I'm introducing you to my Secret Weapon:. The Legend. The Bombshell. The Icon: Miss Veronica Varlow.

I first met Veronica in her Spellbinding Burlesque class at The New York School of Burlesque. From the moment you meet this woman you are under her spell. You can sense her magical qualities the instant you catch her sparkling, soulful, expertly lined eye.

Veronica is a master at seeing the beauty and power in every woman, and showing her how to embody that power in everything from eating cereal to dancing onstage. Her Charm School is designed to crank up your bulb from 40W to 100W in just a few short hours. One of our assignments in class was to write a love letter to ourselves, as if we were a famous writer describing his favorite muse.  For some reason I felt compelled to put mine on the internet.

My dearest, most darling inspiration,

That which inspires my every breath. That which reshapes me every moment.  That which lets me know that God, Goddess, Heaven, the Angels, are all alive and well.

I want you to know that every drop of you, every breath, every heartbeat, every thought, every word you speak is steeped deep in Divinity.

When you awaken, the Angels cry out in rapture.  When you retire, the moon takes it's slow, sweet time, as it doesn't want to miss a moment where it gets to caress your skin. 


Do me a favor.  Never go fast.  Go slow.  Take your time.  Do everything with this deliberate knowing of your magnificence. If you do this, we will all be OK.

I adore you.


This letter is the essence of what I love about Burlesque. Cultivation of your own self love and self- appreciation is not only approved of in the burlesque community, it is the price of admission. There aren't many places where you can celebrate the beauty, glamour and sheer frivolity of yourself from head to toe, but Burlesque, and specifically Veronica's class, is certainly one of them. So,  "if you're hot and you know it, and you really want to show it": run - don't walk - to the original Danger Dame.

Veronica's next session of  Charm School takes place on Sunday, September 19th from 12-6pm. Click here to enroll. Tell her Kitty sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment