Thursday, December 20, 2012

2012; All Blessings, All Love, All Thanks



Tomorrow is the shortest day of the year, the Winter Solstice.  I recently read a prayer that says "tonight we rejoice, in this longest night, embracing the darkness that enfolds us."  I've been thinking alot lately about the power of darkness, stillness, quiet.  I've been in hibernation this month, not working, not really doing anything. I thought I'd be taking this whole month to write my business plan for 2013, plan my online program, create a new burlesque class, etc.  All of those things are coming, but what my mind and body demand right now is reflection.  Time to rest. Time to press pause on creation.  Time to let the dust settle.  When the tide comes in again all of those creations will be born. But for now, it is time to rest.



2012 has been an amazing year for Kitty Cavalier, full of pleasure, growth, fun and adventures.  I always love receiving holiday letters that come with lots of pictures and descriptions, so I thought about making this blog entry a photo compilation with explanations of my favorite moments of 2012.  But I think music speaks louder than words, so do enjoy this video with my love.  

Happy Holidays, Happy New Year, Happy Solstice!



No comments:

Post a Comment