Tuesday, December 4, 2012

An Invitation; A Love Story



One day in my office building there was a small fire in the floor above us. No one's safety was at risk, but when I heard that the firemen were considering evacuating the building, my mind immediately went to one place: my makeup.

That may sound vain, but to me, my makeup bag is like a sacred treasure chest. I don't wear makeup because I feel I have to, I wear it because I want to. I love making my lips look like they just had a good make-out session, my eyes look like a Cape Cod sunset. I love having the ability to invoke the bronze glow of summer right in the heart of winter. I love being able to imitate and honor the Femme Vitales I idolize.

When I was 17 I got a job at a makeup counter in a local department store.  This experience was invaluable to me.  I got to play with every product, in every color.  It felt like going into a bakery and being able to take a bite of every single item on the shelf.  Makeup is enjoyable to me because I have learned the skills of how to use it well. When you know the craft, that is when you can really begin to play and have fun. 

Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot of resources out there for a woman to learn how to truly master applying her makeup. Endless trial and error leads to spending too much money on stuff we never use.  Or even worse, stuff we use because we spent so much money on it, but we're not exactly sure how. 

Well, darlings.  What do you think I am here for? 

This Friday, December 7th, I am bringing you my secret makeup weapon: Jessica Padilla.  Every time I do a photo shoot I have her by my side.  She is an incredibly in- demand artist and it is a miracle that she is sharing her gifts with us. 

 Eye Candy: how to create beautiful eye makeup and perfect liner, is a class that shares all the secrets of how to take your eye makeup to the next level.  Jessica will show us how to go from simplest look to the most dramatic, all in a way that is easy, artistic, and fun. The class is kept small so that you can receive actual hands-on instruction from Jessica. 

At just $60, this class is an investment in yourself that you will see the benefits of immediately.  Click here to secure your spot. 

With a perfectly lined, cat-eye wink,
Kitty 

Class takes place Friday, December 7th from 7-9:30pm at 137 West 14th Street, between 6th and 7th Avenues 

No comments:

Post a Comment